The Hunter Meetings..
Core Themes | Features of the Meetings |
Core themes of the Cellular Biology Meeting
Cell biology, Developmental biology, and Cellular Signalling. Topics are organised around "cellular" themes giving both focus and breadth as scientists from different disciplines discuss similar issues from different viewpoints. The meeting aims to encourage understanding and collaboration between scientists in the field.
Features of the Hunter Meetings
• Location – A quiet and isolated venue outside Sydney
• Duration – Short enough not to consume a whole week
• Focus – All sessions related to cellular biology
• Breadth – Scientists from different disciplines encouraged to present in same session
• "Off the record" – speakers are encouraged to present new data
• Delegates – a high proportion of principal investigators
The Hunter Meeting Main Program Workshop was introduced in the 2007 Meeting by David James. The possibility of 2 Worskhops is avalialbe to participating companies, with an international scientific presentation being the centre-piece of each. Please contact the committee or secretariat to discuss involvement at this level in the Hunter Cellular Biology meeting.
The Imaging workshop
A new venture in 2008 convened by Jenny Stow, the Imaging Workshop has proved a valuable extension of the program offered at the meeting. Please contact the committee or secretariat if you would like to hold a satellite workshop around the Hunter Cellular Biology meeting.
We are grateful to the trade Exhibition, and sponsorship from the International Federation of Cell Biology, and EMBO which has made it possible to achieve the aims of CBMI.